Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fun Make-Up Tips For This Season...

This fall definitely is focused on bold lips and eyebrows, dewy cheeks, and natural hues.  Here are some quick tips to help you apply these simple looks that compliment any face.

FLORAL MATTE LIPSTICK
Delicate shades of pink and peach make lips appear petal-soft, while vibrant reds and coral venture into hothouse territory. Dab color on the center of the lips and draw it out toward the corners with a lip brush to add volume to the lips. Try L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in British Red.

I love throwing on a gorgeous deep red lip shade for the day, and when going out for a cocktail at happy hour I top my lip color with a clear gloss to amflify the color and make it pop.


GLOWY CHEEKBONES
Patting a highlighter on the top of your cheekbones is the next best thing to bathing them in candlelight. Just be sure to look for a formula that's warm and peachy, not overtly frosty. I love Benefit High Beam Luminescent Complexion Enhancer.  

This year I have noticed the bronzed look fading out to a more natural dewy look.  I honestly don't mind at all!  I am a huge fan of the au naturale look versus the tanned (not that there is anything wrong with you tanned goddesses out there).   Mixing and blending your blushes and bronzers with your foundation color makes for a more natural look--it's always worked best for me.  Also, to create a "high cheek bone effect" blend foundation that is a shade lighter than the hue you use all over your face starting above your natural cheek bone line and fade below the apples of your cheeks until completely faded.


DEFINED BROWS
Strong, defined brows are the key to attention-grabbing eyes. Beef up your arches by filling in sparse areas with a pencil or powder that's a shade darker than your natural brows. I like Chanel Le Sourcil De Chanel Perfect Brows in Brun, which includes grooming tools and three shades of powders.

I envy Megan's brows! I have naturally dark hair, thus dark eyebrows, but my arches are not as defined as hers are.  A quick tip on that note--because it looks good on someone else doesn't mean it's going to look good on you.  I did the "Fox" eyebrow look last year and my boyfriend told me that I looked permanently irritated.  I have softer features than Megan, so the strong brow just made me look mad 24/7. 

If you are nervous waxing or plucking your own brows I suggest going to a Brow Bar or local salon that specializes in waxing.  Because getting your eyebrows waxed can be a bit pricey, just get your eyebrows primped once and then after maintain them on your own.

Have fun trying out these tips!  Let me know how they work for you.

Hej då (Goodbye in Swedish),
CJ
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! LOvE your blog. It is gorgeous!!!
    -Ally

    ReplyDelete